Sometimes unexpected emergencies happen in life—whether it’s an unforeseen medical cost or the loss of a job. The Emergency Direct Assistance Program Provides a hand up to families when they need it most. We work in partnership with other agencies to provide Emergency Direct Assistance services to clients including:
- Case management with budgeting coaching from an NNH case manager.
- Help with emergency needs for utilities, food and prescription medications.
- Referrals to NNH programs as appropriate (work readiness such as resume development and job search help and an on-site Adult Education program).
- Follow-up phone calls to check on clients’ progress.
- Distribution of Christmas toys (children ages birth to 18) and food boxes.
We serve clients living in seven ZIP codes north of the river including: 37405, 37415, 37343, 37351, 37379, 37373, and 37304. We have two offices (one on the Northshore at 211 Minor Street and one in Soddy Daisy at 9358 Dayton Pike.
To schedule an appointment at our Northshore office, call (423) 267-2217. To schedule an appointment at our Soddy Daisy office, call (423) 605-2892.